Flu season is upon us, y’all! This being the case I thought it might be a good time to share some of the things that I do to help keep my immune system up. Keep in mind that I am not a doctor or a pharmacist and therefore not qualified to give medical advice. So, check with your professionals before adding to subtracting anything from your health care routine. 😊
To start out, use common sense, do the things we learned in kindergarten.
- Wash your hands regularly
- Drink lots of water
- Get plenty of rest
The other things that I do to keep my immune system up are a group of things I have found from friends, Google and health nuts.
- I take 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar every day. I take it straight, but you can also mix it with water or juice and honey to help with the taste.
- Oregano Oil is a great antibiotic agent. You can get it in oil or pill form. When using in the actual oil form you can add a few drops to juice or you can mix with coconut oil and rub it onto the bottom of your feet.
- Vitamin C. Orange juice is a great choice – I tend to lean towards just taking the vitamin because I don’t want all the extra sugar.
- Garlic Pills – these things are amazing! Google calls them ‘Russian Penicillin’ I only take them when I start to feel something coming on. I take 4 pills every 4-6 hours for a few days.
- Cayenne Pepper – I also only do thins when I am starting to feel sick. I mix a smidge of cayenne pepper with a few squeezes of lemon and a little honey in hot water and drink it. Be careful with getting the mixture on your lips – it really burns!
I hope this helps some of you get through the rest of flu season without getting sick! As a side note – if you need to take antibiotics, don’t forget to take some probiotics too, to help your body replenish the good bacteria!